Lightweight & Portable
Made to fit comfortably in your hand, this compact EC tester for soil has an easy-to-view LCD. The stainless steel electrode allows for direct penetration into soil and soil slurries.
Made for Any User
The HI98331 makes testing easy for any user with single button operation and automatic calibration to 1413 µS/cm conductivity standard.
Integrated Temperature Probe
Using a fixed 2%/C temperature correction coefficient, this EC tester has a built-in temperature sensor so that samples are automatically compensated for temperature variations.
Measure the Bulk EC of Your Soil with a Soil Conductivity Test
Bulk electrical conductivity of soil measures the total conductivity. Total conductivity includes the EC of the soil, air, and moisture in your sample. All these things carry charged ions that would read as EC. This reading is very useful; you can calculate your pore water conductivity and saturated extract conductivity from the result. You would need to know your water content to perform that calculation (how much water there is in your soil).
How To Measure the Bulk EC with your Direct Soil EC Meter:
- Pick your testing location.
- Rinse the testing probe with deionized water, and make sure it is dry.
- Check the soil and ensure that the soil is moist.
- Use a ruler or auger to make a hole in the soil. This keeps the testing depth consistent.
- Insert your soil conductivity tester directly into the soil, and take your measurement.
1 year Warranty